Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

My beardie is about 4.5 yrs old and has developed a raised…

Customer Question
My beardie is about...

My beardie is about 4.5 yrs old and has developed a raised place under his chin on the left side of his jaw! It doesn’t seem to be a zit or anything in it and he will let me touch it and doesn’t seem to cause him pain but it wasn’t there b4

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the bear's name?

Draco

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Draco?

He does have a uvb light and basking heat light, idk the exact temp but it’s a really large tank and he goes to the cooler side sometimes and stays under the basking light sometimes also! He is fed superworms and Dubia roaches dusted in Ca powder and greens/carrots and veggies also dusted

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Reptile
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/15/2018
Reptile Expert: Joan, Veterinary Technician replied 4 months ago
Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years and have worked with Reptiles for over 40 years.

Can you tell me what substrate you use?

UVB light age, strength and brand?

How often do you calcium?

What veggies do you feed and percentage?

Joan

We don’t use any substrate, repitsun 10.0 uvb light and it’s prob about 6mths old, we feed him turnip greens, cabbage and carrots dusted with calcium daily and live superworms and dubia roaches daily

Thank you! Can you post a picture of the area? I am not sure how well I can see it, but would liuke to try. Is the lump solid?

Jan