Hasn’t gone to the bathroom and she ate today all her food and I’ve been bathing her for 15 20 Min last night and today

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Hasn’t gone to the bathroom and she ate today all her food and I’ve been bathing her for 15 20 Min last night and today I’ve been doing it every hour
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: How often should I have her soak in warm water that’s what I was told to do by my vet
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: Yes
JA: The Expert will know if the reptile will be able to digest that. What is the reptile's name and age?
Customer: Iggie 2
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Iggie?
Customer: No just how offten to I have to soak her in warm water
Answered by Jav917 in 9 mins 4 years ago
imglogo
Jav917
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

Customer
Is anyone there

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years and have worked with Reptiles for 40 years. Please give me a few mins to review your question.

Joan

Customer
Ok
Customer
Don’t have enough money
Customer
To call u

No worries the call is an auto reponse.Is this about an Iguana?

Can you tell me about the enclosure?

UVB bulb, strength, age and brand?

Basking spotlight?

Diet?

Supplements?

Temps in basking area and ambient temp?

Joan

Customer
I feed her Kayle Watermelon strawberry college greens no supplements her lighting is 85 to 95 age 2 green iguana
Customer
Score I buy food I always look it up what to feed her I pick from the list and she it’s carrots
Customer
Are u there

Diet is poor at best. Kale binds calcium and should not be fed as a staple. It can lead to MBD Metabolic Bone Disease. The fruits should be limited because of sugar content. This is an Iguana food list: It tells you is each food is a staple or occassional. http://www.greenigsociety.org/foodchart.htm

Iguanas can be bathed once a day for 20-30 mins. It is a good for them because they love to defecate in the water. YOu can try 2 ccs of baby food prunes and wait about 45 mins and then give a warm soak. While in the soak gently massage the abdomen. This should help produce a stool. You can repeat this for 3 days and if it does not work, you may eed to get something like Parafin from the Vet to move the stool.

Make sure you are using a good calcium supplement on the foods 5 days a week and 2 days a week with a Vitamin.

I think the change to the correct veggies like collard greens, mustard greens, dandelio greens, escarole, Butternut squash and acorn squash will help your Iggy feel better.

Please hit reply to discuss this information.

Joan

Customer
Ok I will do that by me feeding her Kayle a lot did I do this to her if I did I feel bad and I’ll do less fruits and I will buy prunes baby food tomorrow I gave her a bath I’m warm water 4 times last night every hour and tonight 3 times could that hurt her

She only needs one good soak a day. Follow the instructions with the baby food prunes. 2 cc is a small amount because we do not want to cause diarrhea. she can aslo get some Pure canned pumpkin with her food. it is a staple and a high fiber food.. Make sure she is getting her calcium. Reptiles can lay eggs even without a male, so it is coming on spring and egg laying season, so make sure she gets her calcium, since the Kale diet. Look at the food chart I sent it will help.

If I have addressed your concerns, please take amoment to rate my service 5 stars. The stars are found at the top of the page.

Joan

Customer
Thank u so much I will buy the pumpkin and and the prunes tomorrow

You are welcome! Please do not forget to rate my servce.

Joan

Customer
Ok I will good night

Good night and Thank you!

Joan

Hi, I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going? Joan
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Jav917
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Jav917
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.