My bearded dragon has a prolapses. I came home and found by his some of his tissue is sticking out. By his. Gizzy

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: My bearded dragon has a prolapses
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dragon?
Customer: I came home and found by his butt some of his tissue is sticking out
JA: Where does the dragon seem to hurt?
Customer: By his butt
JA: OK. What is the dragon's name and age?
Customer: Gizzy 9months
JA: What is the dragon's name?
Customer: Gizzy
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Gizzy?
Customer: Nope he just has a prolapses where he tried to go to the bathroom and now he pushed some of his tissue on the outside
Answered by Jav917 in 23 mins 4 years ago
imglogo
Jav917
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

My name is ***** ***** I have beena Vet tech for 35+ years and have worked with Reptiles for over 40 years.

I can assist you with the prolapse, but the Dragon will need to be seen by a Herp Vet.

I can lcoate herp Vets with a State or Country.

To treat the prolapse, please clean with some saling and then take a paper towel or guaze pad and place some sugar on it and then wet with cool water. Apply the sugar patch on the area and hold in place as long as possible. this will shrink the tissues and in some cases the Prolape will retratc. When you take off the patch, clean with saline and the apply some personal lubricant to keep the area moist.

The prolapse will have to be put back in and tacked in place.

Make sure you have the Dragon on paper twoel until you can get into the Vet tomorrow.

Please hit reply fr a Herp Vet list and for questions on the instructions.

Joan

Customer
I shouldn’t try and put it back in after it shrinks
Customer
I am in Ludington, MI and I couldn’t find one in the area when I called around

These are Herp Vets in MI:

http://www.anapsid.org/vets/mich.html

You may have to travel a bit, but this list has a lot of Vets in different areas. Unfortunately the only thing we can do is some first aid.

Please let me know if you need further help. If I have ddressed your concerns, please rate my service 5 stars. THey are located at the top of the page.

Joan

How is the Dragon doing? did you have him seen?

Joan

Customer
He’s doing great got him into the vet and so far so good. Thanks for your help��

Great news! If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars, I am not paid by the site until I have a postive rating.

Joan

Read less
unlike
1 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Jav917
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Jav917
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.