Always been a picky eater. No crickets used to eat meal worms and wax worms. Haven't changed habitat. Temps good warm

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Always been a picky eater. No crickets used to eat meal worms and wax worms. Haven't changed habitat. Temps good warm and cool sides. It will drink water. Tail is very thin. Used to be fat! Gecko is almost 4. Shedding quite often.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know what to do. What is the gecko's name?
Customer: Bella
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bella?
Customer: Just that she hasn't ever been a real aggressive eater. In the past she wouldn't ever pass up a hand fed wax worm. Very tame and friendly.
Answered by Jav917 in 7 mins 4 years ago
imglogo
Jav917
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years and have worked with Reptiles for over 40 years.

The shedding more often is due to the weight loss. We can do some first aid, but The Gecko will needs to see a Herp Vet for a Fecal check.

Please give the Gecko a soak in a 50/50 warm soak of water and Pedialyte. for 15 mins. This will hydrate him. Next for emergency feeding please feed some chicken baby food with a pinch of calcium buy dropping a dab on the snout and allowing him to lick it off. This will get some food going in.

THis may be a parasite issues or it could be a viral issue. If you do not have a Herp Vet, please supply a State and I can locate some for you.

Please hit reply for discussion or for a Herp Vet.

Joan

Customer
Thank you! I will go to the store tomorrow and give this a try. There is a specialty vet in my town....I had to use them for a hamster one time.

Great! This is used as emergency feeding and she needs to be seen. Please do not forget to rate my service 5 stars.

Joan

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Jav917
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Jav917
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.