Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

My bearded dragon ate a thing in a cricket tub ( I think it…

Customer Question
My bearded dragon ate a...
My bearded dragon ate a green thing in a cricket tub ( I think it might of been a lolly to provide the crickets life ) will she die cause of eating it
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Reptile
1/15/2018
Reptile Expert: Joan, Veterinary Technician replied 7 months ago
Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years and have worked with Reptiles for over 40 years.

Please give me a few mins to type an answer.

Joan

I suspect you are saying the Dragon ate the Cricket gel for water and feeding. If thta is the case your Dragon should be absolutely fine. Rule of thunb with this is if the cricket ingestes it to keep it alive the dragon can ingest it. All that goes into the crickets are passed through the cricket to the dragon.

The things we need to be cautious with is insects found and are not fed. This would include spiders, lady bugs, and fireflies. They are highly toxic and will keel a Dragon.

As far as cricket food or cricket water, that will nit cause a problem.

Please hit reply to discuss this information.

Joan

Hi Lola,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Roxy. How is everything going?

Joan