Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

For the last couple of days she is in her log on the cool…

Customer Question
For the last couple...

For the last couple of days she is in her log on the cool side of her tank and won't come out at all. Is not eating . When I did pick her up yo check on her she was very cold.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Oh sorry, she is a leopard gecko.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the leopard gecko's name and age?

Goldie. I'nnot dure of her age, she was given to us by my daughters daycare after theyrsrnef they could no longer keep reptiles there. She is probably between 7-10 years old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Goldie?

No. I've had her for over a year and she always seemed fine. Always would lay under this Bridge type thing on the warm side, and at we'll every 3-4 days.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Reptile
1/10/2018
Reptile Expert: Joan, Veterinary Technician replied 7 months ago
Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years and have worked with Reptiles for over 40 years.

Can you tell me about the tank set up?

Substrate?

Diet?

Supplements?

Ambient temps in enclosure and warm side?

Joan

Hi, I think I figured it out. She recently shed and her toes were stuck together with skin that didn't come off. I was able to use warm water to remove the skin. I will monitor her now, but she is back to her normal spot fast asleep.

Thank you! If you no longer need help, I will close the question. Feel free to ask for me for any future issues.

Joan