Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

My chameleon's eyes are shut. Her eyes will not open and she…

Customer Question
My chameleon's eyes are...

My chameleon's eyes are shut

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your chameleon?

Her eyes will not open and she is lethargic

Veterinarian's Assistant: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your chameleon. What is the chameleon's name and age?

Sprinkles, 1 year

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sprinkles?

She was doing great, then one day she had one eye closed and after two days, both stayed shut. Now she cannot see to eat or drink and has eaten in a few days

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Reptile
1/9/2018
Reptile Expert: Joan, Veterinary Technician replied 6 months ago
Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician

My name is ***** ***** I I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years and have worked with Reptiles for over 40 years.

Can you tell me about the enclosure?

Automister?

UVB light, age, linear tube or compact coil, strength and brand?

Basking light?

Diet?

Supplements?

Temps in basking are and ambient temp?

Type of Chameleon?

State to locate a Herp Vet?

Joan