Not using front legs. Bearded dragon. She was fine the night before last. Woke up yesterday and she wasn't using front

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Not using front legs
JA: What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Bearded dragon
JA: OK. I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dragon?
Customer: She was fine the night before last. Woke up yesterday and she wasn't using front legs. Got her to poo twice in the bath thinking she had some impaction. She will use the legs to scoot around and for guidance but it's like the are very weak.
JA: What is the dragon's name and age?
Customer: Nala and I'm not real sure of her age. We got her as a baby and have had her for about 2 months. Has seemed to be developing properly.
JA: What is the dragon's name?
Customer: Nala
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Nala?
Customer: No other wise healthy
Answered by PitRottMommy in 4 hours 4 years ago
imglogo
PitRottMommy
15+ years of experience
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) What is the ambient temp, cool spot and hot spot temps in the habitat?

2) What substrate is being used?

3) When did she last eat?

4) What bulbs are being used for the habitat?

5) How long have you had her?

6) What does her diet consist of?

7) What vitamin supplementation are you using, if any, and how often is it provided?

Customer
Basking is 102 to 105 with base warm side 98 to 95. Cool side runs 85 to 88. Repro carpet is used. She last ate a couple small dubia off my finger yesterday afternoon other wise organic squash baby food. Her basking light is 125 w and che. Her UVB is tube light length 3/4 tank. Age of light is 1 month. I have had her for a little over 2 months. She eats some greens. Currently its mustard greens. She eats live feeders super worms and dubia are most current feeders. I give calcium 5 days dusted on food and vitamin 2 days. I have 2 other bearded dragons who are set up the same with same food supply. Varied ages. No problems with them. She has been healthy as far as we could tell till she just stopped using front legs.

Thank you for the additional information. Can you share a video of what you're seeing?

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
PitRottMommy
logo
logo
logo
15+ years of experience
imglogo
PitRottMommy
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.