Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

My iguana hasn't eaten in two weeks and is refusing food and…

Customer Question
My iguana hasn't eaten...

My iguana hasn't eaten in two weeks and is refusing food and not moving around a lot, what do I do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your iguana will be able to digest that. What is the iguana's name?

Emerald. She's a green iguana

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Emerald?

She's lethargic. Not drinking water. Not eating. We offer her fresh food every day. She's about two years old.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Reptile
12/31/2017
Reptile Expert: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 3 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

If Emerald is not currently eating she's going to need to be examined and treated by a reptile veterinarian. If you will share your state of residence with me, I can help you locate one. There are a wide range of medical problems which might be to blame here from intestinal parasites and protozoan to foreign body ingestion to metabolic problems to infection. Your veterinarian will be able to help you determine the cause of her feeling unwell, not wanting to eat and address the problem to get her back to eating normally.

In what state do you reside?

Fishers, Indiana

Indiana reptile vets: http://www.anapsid.org/vets/indiana.html

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me (bottom of the page if using the app). A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in. How is Emerald doing today?

PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse