Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

Reptile

It’s sick, I think, remains very sleepy all day and it’s not…

Customer Question
It’s sick , I...

It’s sick , I think, remains very sleepy all day long and it’s not eating

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Diamond back turtle

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the turtle. What is the turtle's name and age?

Rocky , she is about 7 months old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rocky?

She was fine until 1 week ago, she was eating fishes

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Reptile
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/30/2017
Reptile Expert: Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist replied 1 month ago
Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist

I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just logged on and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with over 20 years of experience keeping reptiles. I'm sorry to hear of this problem. Rocky may be sick, but let's figure out if there is anything you can do to help her. Some additional information will be useful.

What temperatures do you maintain under the basking light and in the water?

What types of lighting and heating equipment do you have?

What kind of fish were you feeding her? Are fish the only thing she eats? Does she get a calcium supplement?

Thank you.

Anna
Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist