Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

Reptile

Bearded dragon not moving much, closing eyes often, taking…

Customer Question
Bearded dragon not moving...

Bearded dragon not moving much, closing eyes often, taking deep breaths. just bought 4 month male from pet store. wondering if possible respiratory problem.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dragon. What is the dragon's name?

Bo

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Reptile
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also, he isn't eating much.
12/28/2017
Reptile Expert: Joan, Veterinary Technician replied 1 month ago
Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet teh for 25_ years and have worked with Reptiles over 40 years.

Can you tellme about the tank set up?

UVB light Coil or linear tube, strength and brand?

Basking spotlight?

Substrate?

Diet Veggies/Prey?

Supplements?

Temps in basking area, ambient temp and cool side?

Any nasal discharge?

When taking the breaths is he leaving the mouth open or opening and closing?

Joan

Anna
Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist