Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

My adult male ball python for the last three months he

Customer Question
My adult male...

My adult male ball python for the last three months he regurgitated his food two days after eating, One time he held his food down

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the python eat anything unusual?

It's always rats from the same pet store

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the python's name?

Sir Palin

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sir?

On the snakes belly the bottom half almost looks like it's been cut

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Reptile
12/26/2017
Reptile Expert: Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist replied 7 months ago
Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist

I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just logged on and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with over 20 years of experience keeping reptiles. I'm sorry to hear of this problem. Some additional information will help me determine the best steps for you to take.

The last time Sir Palin kept a meal down, did he pass normal droppings afterward?

What temperature do you have in the enclosure?

Where his belly looks cut, is it red and sore over an area, or is there an actual wound? If possible a picture of this would be helpful.

At the top of the area where you would type is a tool bar with icons. Click on the little paper clip icon. Instructions will pop up. On some browsers, this doesn't work. if that happens, you can put your photo on one of the free photo sharing websites, such as www.photobucket.com. Then come back here and paste the link to your picture.

Thank you.