Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

She hadn’t eaten in about two weeks. She does swim around…

Customer Question
She hadn’t eaten in...

She hadn’t eaten in about two weeks. She does swim around like normal, but I do see her head out of the water more.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Red ear slider turtle.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know if the turtle will be able to digest that. What is the turtle's name?

Lola. I am not sure if she is a bot or a girl . Just named her that.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lola?

Other than she won’t eat, she did hid out under her rock for a few days on the day side of her tank.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Reptile
12/21/2017
Reptile Expert: Joan, Veterinary Technician replied 7 months ago
Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years and have worked with Reptiles for over 40 years.

Can you tell me about tank set up?

UVB bulb, linear tube or compact coil, strength, age and brand?

Bsking spotlight?

Diet Veggies, Pellets , prey?

Supplements?

Temps in water and basking area?

Any bubbles from the nose or mouth?

Joan

50 gallon tank, required UV light, dry shrimp and kneel. She does not like the pellets. She is about 3x3 1/2 inches.

How old is the UVB light?

Do you feed any supplements?

Any bubbles from the nose or mouth?

Temps in basking area and water temps?

Joan