Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

Reptile

My baby panther chameleon just started doing this wierd eye…

Customer Question
My baby panther chameleon...

My baby panther chameleon just started doing this wierd eye bulge when roatating his eyes. The buldge pops out a little when he roates them than go back to normal. its a quick thing and doesnt stay buldged...should I be worried or is he just cleaning his eyes?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Panther chameleon

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your panther?

He is a baby

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Reptile
12/17/2017
Reptile Expert: Joan, Veterinary Technician replied 2 months ago
Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years and have worked with Reptiles for over 40 years.

The behavior of eye popping is usually seen when a Reptile is getting close to a shed. This is to loosen the skin around the eyes so when shedding it will be easier to shed around the face and eyes.

Please hit reply to discuss this information. or your concerns.

If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars. I am not paid by the site until I have a positive rating.

Joan

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Joan
Joan
Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician