Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

Reptile

My baby bearded dragon was found on its back last night and…

Customer Question
My baby bearded dragon...

My baby bearded dragon was found on its back last night and I thought it was dead but it wasn't stiff. I put it in a warm bath to see if maybe it was sleeping. We were sure that it was dead and it popped its head up. We didn't know if it was just reflexes or whatever releasing so we took it back to the cage and put the heat on it and it started to breath and open its mouth and leave it open. It started to be responsive again and tried to walk ad it was almost like the back legs wouldn't work and it flipped over again and I flipped it back over and its been sleeping ever since under the heat lamp. I checked this morning before I went to work and I cant tell if its breathing again.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Bearded dragon

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your dragon. What is the dragon's name and age?

Layla and about 6 months or so. I have only had it for about 2 months

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Layla?

I noticed that she wasn't eating as much as she usually does

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Reptile
12/13/2017
Reptile Expert: Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist replied 2 months ago
Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Hello and welcome. I apologize that no one responded to you sooner. Different experts come on line at various times. I just logged in and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with over 20 years of experience keeping reptiles. Do you still need help? If so, some additional information will be useful.How is Layla doing now?What temperatures do you maintain under the basking light and on the cool side of the cage?What brand of UVB light do you have?What do you usually feed her? Any supplements?Thank you.
Anna
Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist