Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

Just wanted to ask if they can die from mbd??? Central

Customer Question
Just wanted to ask...

Just wanted to ask if they can die from mbd???

Veterinarian's Assistant: What sort of animal are we talking about?

Central bearded dragon

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dragon?

From what I have read and seen in pictures she has mbd

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dragon seem to hurt?

Big bulge in her spine n her tail is kinked

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the dragon's name and age?

Mia approx 10weeks

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mia?

No she's pooing fine n eating well

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Reptile
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/12/2017
Reptile Expert: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 4 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Unfortunately, yes. They can die from MBD. We typically see progressive symptoms and worsening signs of the ailment and eventually the pet passes, particularly if they do not receive steps to correct the deficiency. That said, they CAN survive even with deformities so long as the right changes are made in their husbandry. The longer they go without proper care, however, the higher the risk of succumbing.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me (bottom of the page if using the app). A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in, JACustomer. How is Mia doing today?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse