Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

It stopped eating and wont move it it opens its eyes once in…

Customer Question
It stopped eating and...

It stopped eating and wont move it it opens its eyes once in a while but thats it

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Yellow belly slider

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the slider. What is the slider's name and age?

Name is ***** ***** i think its about 8 months old its the size of a quarter

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sunshine?

Its shell is soft but idk if that is because its just a baby also when i tried to put sunshine in the water it floats

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Reptile
11/29/2017
Reptile Expert: Joan, Veterinary Technician replied 7 months ago
Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years and worked with Reptiles over 40 years.

Can you tell me about tank set up?

Filtration?

UVB light, linear tube or compact coil, strength , brand and age?

Basking light?

Diet?

Supplements?

Temps in basking area, and water temp?

Joan