Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

I've had my bearded dragon Smaug for about 3 years, and when

Customer Question

I've had my bearded dragon Smaug for about 3 years, and when I went on deployment my husband was taking care of him and he seemed fine. But I went off to school recently I was gone for 4 months and Smaug just seemed to stop eating. He picks at his food every once in a while and I did learn that the husband wasn't soaking smaug nearly as often as he should have been and I've been soaking Smaug regularly since being back, but I'm worried about him
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dragon?
Customer: I did move him to a larger tank on the floor and he used to be up on a book shelf in his smaller tank, but his new tank won't fit up there
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years and worked with Reptiles over 40 years.Can you tell me about tank set up?Substrate?UVB light, how old, linear tube or compact coil, strength, brand and age?Basking light?Diet Prey/veggies?Supplements?Temps in basking area, ambient temp and cool side?Joan