Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

Before I can discuss my turtle's illness? What are your

Customer Question
Is this a free...

Is this a free service? Before I can discuss my turtle's illness?

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Veterinarians require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost. I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your turtle?

What are your costs before I begin

Veterinarian's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Veterinarian. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

I have a problem with aspiration pneumonia with a red eared slider. Difficulty breathing with mouth open, under a heating lamp in my bathtub, dry docked. She's on antibiotics, injectables (Carthmycie, can't remember exactly) and oral Baytril and Flaygle to help her pass a stool. She's under heating lamp that is ceramic 60 Watts in the tub.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sure the Veterinarian can help with the pneumonia. What is the turtle's name?

Vet suspects enteritis as well. Initially she was mauled by a raccoon and had surgery for partial amputation. But the feeding tube was being used and that's when trouble began.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your turtle?

Is your vet board certified for reptiles (turtles)?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Reptile
11/27/2017
Reptile Expert: Yankmedic911, Reptile Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Yankmedic911
Yankmedic911, Reptile Veterinarian
I am terribly sorry to hear about your reptile. I shall do my best to help you. Please give me a few minutes to read your information & do some research so I can provide you with the best possible information and advice possible. I shall be in touch shortly.Dr. Adamski
Your local veterinarian seems to have the situation under control and is providing appropriate care based on the information you provided. What sort of help are seeking?Dr. Adamski
Yankmedic911
Yankmedic911
Yankmedic911, Reptile Veterinarian