Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

My snakes rectum has protruded on two occasions but went…

Customer Question
My snakes rectum has protruded...
My snakes rectum has protruded on two occasions but went right back in. He also hasn't eaten this week and is very skiddish
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Reptile
11/25/2017
Reptile Expert: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Are you seeing a cloacal prolapse at this time?

What type of snake do you have?

It's not proposing now. Only when I pick him up and I put him right back down and it goes back. He's a ball python
It's not prolapsing now. Only when I pick him up and I put him right back down and it goes back. He's a ball python

Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

Has he been examined or treated for the prolapse?

Has your vet performed any fecal evaluation on him?

Its not happening now and it's only happened twice. Other than that he was said to be healthy. Whatever is coming out goes right back in once I put him down