Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

Constantly shedding. His skin his cracking so bad he bleeds…

Customer Question
Constantly shedding. His...

Constantly shedding. His skin his cracking so bad he bleeds sometimes. His humidity and temp are good. He won’t eat. Been giving him vitamins and calcium on his about but that hasn’t helped

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Leopard gecko

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the Leopard gecko's name and age?

Lester. I’m not positive of his age as it was a class pet that the teacher gave to my daughter. We’ve had him for 4 years so I’m guessing he’s maybe 5 or 6

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lester?

We feed him meal worms. He won’t eat crickets

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Reptile
11/22/2017
Reptile Expert: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) What is the ambient temp, cool spot and hot spot temps in the habitat?

2) What substrate is being used?

3) When did he last eat?

4) What bulbs are being used for the habitat? How long are they on each day?

5) What percentage is the humidity?

6) What does his diet consist of?

7) What vitamin supplementation are you using, if any, and how often is it provided?