Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 40+ years experience doing reptile rescues.
5071285

I was hand feeding him(adult), which he prefers and he bit

Customer Question

I was hand feeding him(adult), which he prefers and he bit my finger. It is bleeding but small and like a paper cut
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Bearded dragon
JA: OK. The Expert will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dragon?
Customer: No. He's never done this. It was an accident
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years and have worked with Dragons for over 40 years.

Is your question about you being bitten or is it in reference to something I can assist you with about your Dragon. If it relates to you and being bitten I will need to send this to our Medical Dept. If it is in relation to your Dragon I would be happy to assist you.

Joan

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My dragon bit me. I just wanted to know what to do for the bite. Thankyou
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I wish I could call but I cant.
Expert:  Joan replied 10 months ago.

You would treat the Bite as you would any other cut or scratch I would clean with Betadine and follow up with some Neosporin. I cannot tell you the amount of times I have been accidently and purposely bitten by Dragons and other Reptiles. and just cleaned norally with no ill effects. From what you have described it is a minor nip from the hand feeding.

Please let me know if I have addressed your concerns. If I have satisfied all your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars.

Joan