Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

Reptile

My question is about my tortoise. So, when I pick him up he

Customer Question
Hello! My question is about...
Hello! My question is about my tortoise
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your tortoise?
Customer: So, when I pick him up he responds but not as much as before he also doesn’t open his eyes
JA: What is the tortoise's name and age?
Customer: The tortoise is about 5 and his name is*****: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sheldon?
Customer: Um he got attacked by my dog but we brought him to a vet and he was fine
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Reptile
11/18/2017
Reptile Expert: Joan, Veterinary Technician replied 26 days ago
Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years and have worked with Reptiles for over 40 years.

What type of tortoise do you have?

Where is the tortoise housed?

Type of substrate?

UVB bulb, age of bulb, strnegth, brand and Linear tube or compact coil?

Basking light?

Diet?

Supplements?

Any bubbles from nose or mouth?

Is the weather changing where you live?

Joan

Anna
Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist