Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

He is a lepard gecko that I believe is impacked with too…

He is a lepard...

He is a lepard gecko that I believe is impacked with too many crickets. You can see through his light ciolored tummy and there is an area that is dark brown in color. It does not look like it is moving Down. I have given him warm baths and rubbed his abdomen down. I have put baby prunes on his nose so would lick it off. Nothing is hadlping so far.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the leopard gecko's name and age?

"Blue" is his name and his is aliitle over a year old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Blue?

He seems missable somewhat weak and does not want to eat.

10/20/2017
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

What bedding is being used?

How often are you bathing him and what temperature is the water?

When did he last pass stool?

Is he still eating well?

When did you begin the baby food prune supplementation?

The bedding is the green repitile carpet. I am bathing him twice a day. The water tempature is about 95. He last passes stool about 5 days ago. He does not want to eat. I started the baby prunes Wednesday morning.

Thank you for the additional information.

Based on the history you've shared, I am greatly concerned that your companion may have a complete blockage (where the blockage will not move) and the steps being taken at home may not be enough. I would urge you to have him examined and treated by a veterinarian. Do you need assistance finding one in your state?

PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse