Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

Reptile

I left my bearded dragon in the sun by accident her mouth…

Customer Question
I left my bearded...

I left my bearded dragon in the sun by accident her mouth was open and she was still alive just hot so I cooled her down and hydrated he as well as fed her I later came back to her and noticed her beard was very black and she didn’t eat so I left her alone and then about a hour or two later I noticed her face was down and her body was limp she has t moved her mouth opens when I left her but she won’t open her eyes or move and her beard is still black , is she dead ?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

No wound

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dragon's name and age?

Kion an I’m not sure I got it about 2 months ago

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dragon's name?

Baby Kion

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Reptile
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/18/2017
Reptile Expert: Joan, Veterinary Technician replied 4 months ago
Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years and have worked with Reptiles over 40 years.

How long was she in the sun?

What were the temps in the sun?

If you pinch the back foot does Kion pull away?

How did you cool her down?

Joan

Anna
Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist