Bearded dragon, had what looked like a seizure, head went back, dark beard, eyes half opened (now closed). Took to vet

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Bearded dragon, had what looked like a seizure, head went back, dark beard, eyes half opened (now closed). Took to vet as he was limp. Now back home he is motionless, mouth slightly open, eyes closed. Bless him he looks like he's passed. I just want to be sure before we bury him.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the dragon's name and age?
Customer: we took him in 4 months ago, but we think he is 9 years old, he's called Pablo
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Pablo?
Customer: He had not been kept well, don't think he had calcium or correct heat lamp or U.V. He's only had that for the last 3 months when we took him in.
Answered by Jav917 in 11 mins 5 years ago
imglogo
Jav917
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years and have worked with Reptiles and Dragons for over 40 years.

I am sorry to hear about Pablo. From your descriptil he was close to passing.

Can you pinch his foot and see if there is a pain reaction?

Is he limp?

He he gaping?

If you rub along the sides of the mouth is there any movement?

Joan

Customer
Hi Joan,
No he does not respond at all, his mouth is slightly open.
Customer
I'm confident he has passed, just wanted to confirm before we buried him
Customer
Totally limp

I am so sorry, yes I believe he is gone. It is sad, but Dragons hide illness and are very stoic anc can no longer hide and at that time it is too late. My condolences. If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service. I am not paid by the site until I have a positive rating.

Joan

Customer
Thank you Joan, will do.

So sorry for the loss!

Joan

Hi, I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going? Joan
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Jav917
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Jav917
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.