Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

My bearded dragon appears dead. I had an appointment to take…

Customer Question
My bearded dragon appears dead...
My bearded dragon appears dead. I had an appointment to take him in for constipation this friday after eating some big crickets.. He pooped the other day when I gave him a small amount of baby apple sauce food and a small small amount of olive oil. When I gave him a bath yesterday I noticed a growth under his chin which is what I changed my appointment to check. He appears dead right now every couple minutes he is opening his mouth wide open but his eyes are shut. And he is unresponsive to everything. Could this be brumation or a respiratory infection? Or rigimortis? He appeared sluggish and drowsy before I went to work today. He drank some water and I went on my way.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Reptile
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/5/2017
Reptile Expert: Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist replied 10 months ago
Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Hello and welcome. I apologize that no one responded to you sooner. Different experts come on line at various times. I just logged in and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with over 20 years of experience keeping reptiles. Do you still need help? If so, let me know if there has been any change in your dragon.Thank you.