Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

I'm noticing a black discoloration on my hatchling leopard…

Customer Question
I'm noticing a black...

I'm noticing a black discoloration on my hatchling leopard gecko's belly that I haven't noticed before. She's been extremely larathgic basically since she's hatched but she's been pooping normally as far as I can tell

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the leopard gecko's name and age?

She doesn't really have a name. We just call her demon eyes because she has beige eyes. She was hatched on 7/13

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Demon?

I just got her to eat a bunch of small dubia roaches for the first time last night but she gobbled them up and seemed very happy to eat them

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Reptile
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/3/2017
Reptile Expert: Joan, Veterinary Technician replied 10 months ago
Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years and have worked with Reptiles over 40 years.

is the only time she has not eaten today after gorging on Dubias?

Substrate?

Heat source?

Temps in enclosure?

Diet?

Supplements?

Joan

I haven't offered her anything to eat for today. She has fresh water and calcium readily available 24/7 and her temp is 85

What type of substrate do you use? Cage carpet. Paper or a loose substrate?

Joan