Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

My bearded dragon wont eat... hasn't eaten in about a month.

Customer Question
Hi. my bearded dragon...

Hi. my bearded dragon wont eat... hasn't eaten in about a month. However, Lizzy still basks in the bright light and splashes away in the water pool thingy i have in the tank

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dragon will be able to digest that. What is the dragon's name and age?

Lizzy and we got her (well, i think it 's a her) last year Sept. 8th

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lizzy?

No that's it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Reptile
9/23/2017
Reptile Expert: Joan, Veterinary Technician replied 8 months ago
Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician

Can you tell me about tank set up?

Substrate?

UVB light, age, linear tube or compact coil, strength and brand?

Basking light?

Diet Veggies/Prey?

Age of Dragon?

Temps in basking are, ambient temp and cool side?

Joan

hello.... the tank has a log, a basking log, and a water pool.
the substrate is the sand-like material for reptiles (recommended by the pet store)
the basking light is 100w (i believe its by Zoo Meds or Zilla)
the black light is 100w as well
Lizzy used to eat crickets and then upgraded to worms
we got Lizzy from PetCo in Sept 2016

Do you have a UVB light? Is it a linear tube or compact coil, strength , age and brand?

Temps in basking area, ambient temp and cool side?

What tye of worms?

The information you got from the pet shop was poor at best.

Anna
Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist