Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

A chameleon from the store I work at has a broken leg and…

Customer Question
A chameleon from the...

A chameleon from the store I work at has a broken leg and possible internal parasite. I got it panacur 100 and set it up at my home to nurse it back. Going to the vet but there's only 1 in my area and is booked up for about a month. Just going to play vet until it can be seen by one. So I'm doing more research

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the chameleon can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the chameleon's name?

Borrus is his name and thank you so much!

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Borrus?

Nothing else to note except some weird residue or growths on his forehead and chin. It looks like a scab and won't come off with a wet cotton swab. He's only about 2 months old. Maybe younger

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Reptile
9/21/2017
Reptile Expert: Joan, Veterinary Technician replied 8 months ago
Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years and have worked with Reptiles for over 40 years.

Do you have a UVB light? Strength?

Supplements?

State or Country to locate a list of Herp Vets?

Where are you housing Bonus?

Can you post a picture of the area that looks like scabs.

Joan

Anna
Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist