Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

Reptile

My bearded dragon is severely impacted hasn't went to

My bearded dragon is severely...
My bearded dragon is severely impacted hasn't went to bathroom for 5 days gave warm baths and rubbing his belly
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dragon's name?
Customer: Frank
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Frank?
Customer: He is 4 months old.
9/21/2017
Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years and have worked with Rpetiles over 40 years.

Can you tell me about tank set up?

Substrate?

UVB light, linear tube or compact coil, strength and brand?

Full spectrum white basking light?

Diet Veggies/Prey?

Supplements?

Temps in basking area, ambient temp and cool side?

How measured?

Joan

Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician
He is 4 months old, terrarium is 30 gallon, he had walnut shells as substrate,has uv light heat lamp for day and night, coil.. He eats mostly small crickets and mill worms, and some veggies. We had to evacuate do to storm so he only had dried crickets, and was only in a smaller container without his lamps and heat... We kept him in warm sun spot. When we returned is when the issue began.
Phone call session started

http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Crickets, silk worm, phoenix worms, horn worms, and dubia roaches for feeders.

Joan
Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician