Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

My geiko is eating, but is very, sorry, I hit send by

Customer Question
My geiko is eating...

My geiko is eating, but is very

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your gecko?

Sorry, I hit send by mistake. He is eating but is losing weight.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the gecko's name and age?

Shaw and he is about four years old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Shaw?

Only that at times he can become aggressive with the other geiko, but lately, he is pretty calm and he is snuggling with the other geiko lately.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Reptile
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/20/2017
Reptile Expert: Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist replied 9 months ago
Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with over 20 years of experience keeping reptiles. I'm sorry to hear that Shaw is not doing well. Some additional information will help me determine the best steps for you to take.Have the two geckos always been together?Is Shaw passing normal droppings?What temperatures do you maintain on the warm and cool sides of the cage?What do you normally feed? Any supplements?
Thank you.