Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

I'm assuming my leopard gecko is cold. all i know for sure…

Customer Question
I'm assuming my leopard...

I'm assuming my leopard gecko is cold. all i know for sure is that his tail is a good size but he hasn't eaten in maybe a week. he hasn't moved much in the last 3 days he's mostly been staying near his water bowl. the problem is that his heating pad is on the other side of his tank which i found weird. i tried to feed him today and i thought he was going to eat because he was staring at his food but he didn't. i started to get worried and thought maybe he wanted company so i tried to take him out but he wouldn't climb onto my hand. so i put his mate into his tank and his tail vibrated but he still didn't move for maybe 15 mins while she was in there. then i took him out to see if he just wanted to explore instead of being in his terrarium but he crawled over to me and curled up under my sweater. at this point i figured he was cold so i brought his heating pad out from under the tank and i put a washcloth on it so it wouldn't burn him and payed him on it. at first he wouldn't stay on it, just crawled to me again. so i layed down next to him while he was on the heating pad and he stayed. so far i've tried putting him in warm water, feeding him (i held 2 worms right in front of him and he ate them) and then started putting repta boost on his mouth so he'd lick it off. is there anything else i can do? do you think he needs medical attention? since i've gotten him to stay on the heat source he hasn't moved at all but still breathing. he seems very stiff though.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your leopard gecko will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your leopard gecko?

He's a male, about 3 years old, he's not a fancy. that's all i can think of. thank you

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Reptile
9/20/2017
Reptile Expert: Joan, Veterinary Technician replied 10 months ago
Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician

Hello.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years and Have worked with Reptiles over 40 years.

Can you tell me about the tank set up?

Substrate?

Diet?

Supplements?

Temps in eclosure?

How much do you feed daily?

Is he passing stool?

Joan