Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

My bearded dragon is 3 months old. He has been doing well…

Customer Question
My bearded dragon is...

My bearded dragon is 3 months old. He has been doing well eating up until now, he will not eat his dinner (6pm). He eats about 10 roaches in the morning then I usually give him another 10-15 at night but for the past two days he refuses to eat at night. He has also been glass dancing all day. He lives on carpet, temps 110 hot side 82 cool side. I'm wondering if I should have him tested for parasites?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the dragon can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dragon's name?

His name is Archer

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Archer?

He is a rescue, the previous owners had him in with a much older dragon who nipped his tail. The rescuer had him tested for parasites; was negative at the time I bought him

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Reptile
9/18/2017
Reptile Expert: Joan, Veterinary Technician replied 8 months ago
Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years and have worked with Reptiles for over 40 years.

Can you tell me tank size?

UVB light, linear tube or compact coil, strength age and brand?

Full spectrum basking light?

Any veggies fed and if so which?

Supplements?

Joan

Anna
Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist