Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

It is a juvenile Beardie about 6 months old, he us not

Customer Question
It is a juvenile...

It is a juvenile Beardie about 6 months old, he us not eating and is not using his front legs

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Bearded Dragon

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the dragon's name?

Zippy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Zippy?

I have been giving him warm soaks and am bit feeding him worms or bugs, my daughter thinks it is an impaction.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Reptile
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/15/2017
Reptile Expert: Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist replied 11 months ago
Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with over 20 years of experience keeping reptiles. I'm sorry to hear that Zippy is not well. Some additional information will help me determine the best steps for you to take.When did he last pass any droppings?Are his back legs working properly?What kinds of worms and bugs have you been feeding? Does he get a calcium supplement?What temperatures do you maintain under the basking light and on the cool side of the cage?What substrate do you use on the cage floor?What brand of UVB light do you have?Sorry for so many questions, but all this information may help us figure out what is wrong? Thank you.