Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

Reptile

Small, soft shell, aquatic turtle hit head in aquarium while

Customer Question
Small, soft shell, aquatic...
Small, soft shell, aquatic turtle hit head in aquarium while we were trying to take him (her) out and now barley moving ( we were draining and cleaning the aquarium. We've had him for over 20 years and someone had him before us.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Reptile
9/14/2017
Reptile Expert: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 2 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you see any obvious injury to the head?

Can you describe how the injury was sustained?

No on injury and I stated how it happened in my question. I'm frazzled now so if he survives tonite I'll take him to reptile vet tomorrow...

Do you need further assistance this evening? I understand what occurred, I am not understanding of HOW it occurred.

Anna
Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist