Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

I have a year old adult male bearded dragon, who has been

Customer Question

I have a year old adult male bearded dragon, who has been having watery eyes recently. I have also seen a black line around his lower eye and also some pink. It looks like his eye is sagging a bit.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dragon's name?
Customer: Bibi
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bibi?
Customer: His tail is damaged
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) What is the ambient temp and hot spot temp in the habitat?

2) What substrate is being used?

3) Any changes in appetite?

4) What bulbs are being used for the habitat?

5) How long have you had him?

6) What does his diet consist of?

7) What vitamin supplementation are you using, if any, and how often is it provided?
8) Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The hot temp is 104°F and the low temp is 93°F.
-His appetite has gone down recently, He doesn't eat the usual moistened pellets Even if I hand feed him sometimes. He eats occasionally right now.
- Repti-sun UVB lamp, a regular light bulb is being used temporarily for his basking lamp, And he has a Zilla Nightlight. All from petco.
- I use Occasional calcium if he starts to look weak, And make sure I give him vitamin D supplements every other day.
It most likely does not appear on first sight. I just want to make sure what it is.

What pellets are you feeding him? Does he receive any fruits, veggies or live prey?

How many hours of light does he receive during the day?