Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

I have a bearded dragon and she is getting a black tail and…

Customer Question
I have a bearded...

I have a bearded dragon and she is getting a black tail and is very sleepy all the time

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dragon. What is the dragon's name and age?

Raiden and only a few weeks

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Raiden?

Like 6 weeks or so

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Raiden?

She is not really eating alot

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Reptile
9/10/2017
Reptile Expert: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 11 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) What is the ambient temp and hot spot temp in the habitat?

2) What substrate is being used?

3) When did she last eat?

4) What bulbs are being used for the habitat?

5) How long have you had her?

6) What does her diet consist of?

7) What vitamin supplementation are you using, if any, and how often is it provided?
8) Can you share pictures of the tail?

She is about 6 weeks old she eats mostly crickets and super worms I use a uvb and uva bold for her and I've had her about 3 weeks

Were you able to see the full 8 questions I posted above?