He won't eat and won't come out of his rock/cave, He is in a 40 gallon tank. A day time and a night time heat lamp and a

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: He won't eat and won't come out of his rock/cave
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: He is in a 40 gallon tank. A day time and a night time heat lamp and a uv lamp. He use to eat mostly super worms and crickets and would occasionally eat his salad.
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: We do use calcium and multi vitamins. No poo in a couple of days. He is a 9 month old bearded Dragon
JA: There are all sorts of infestations the dragon can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dragon's name?
Customer: Taz
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Taz?
Customer: He hasn't laid eggs yet. When we Handel him, he goes right back into his tank, so he could not have gotten into anything
Answered by PitRottMommy in 2 mins 5 years ago
imglogo
PitRottMommy
15+ years of experience
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) What is the ambient temp and hot spot temp in the habitat?

2) What substrate is being used?

3) When did he last eat?

4) What bulbs are you using for light only? Which for heat only? How many hours of complete light and complete dark are given each day?

5) How long have you had him?

6) Does he have any cage mates?

Customer
Hot side is 100, cool is 85-90. *He last ate 3 days ago and that was just a few bites. *All 3 bulbs are zoo med bulbs. Lights are on times, so he gets 12 hrs of day light and 12 hrs of night. *We got him as a baby from petco. *We have 3 dragons but all in different cages.

To clarify, is 12 hours of night full darkness or another variety of lighted bulb (such as a red bulb)?

How often do you offer the vitamin and calcium supplements?

Customer
We can keep talking thru chat.

Customer
He has a red bulb
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
PitRottMommy
logo
logo
logo
15+ years of experience
imglogo
PitRottMommy
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.