Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

I'm not sure. He hasn't been eating or drinking and I don't…

Customer Question
I'm not sure....

I'm not sure. He hasn't been eating or drinking and I don't think he can open his mouth

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Green iguana

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the iguana's name and age?

Rex and I honestly can't tell you an age.My son won him at a carnival in May

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the iguana?

He doesn't look good at all. He had mites on him and I cleaned out his cage and rinsed him off

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Reptile
9/7/2017
Reptile Expert: Joan, Veterinary Technician replied 11 months ago
Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years and have worked with Reptiles for over 40+ years.

Can you tell me about his habitat?

UVB bulb, linear tube or compact coil, strength, age and brand?

Basking light?

Temps in enclosure and and in basking are?

Diet?

Supplements?

Joan