I have a 5 month old female veiled chameleon her uvb light was a 5 now it's a 10. She is very shaking and I would like

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: I have a 5 month old female veiled chameleon her uvb light was a 5 now it's a 10. She is very shaking and I would like to know hoe much calcium d3 I should be giving her for recovery. How much regular calcium. How much and often for regular vitimans. I gut load crickets, meal worms, wax worms for treat. I've been to one vet and I knew more than she did.i have put her in a smaller cage to keep from injuring herself. Please help there is just to much conflicting information on the web. She is eating well, but not hunting as well as she was. Thank you so much. Tammie Huff
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the chameleon can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the chameleon's name?
Customer: Sweet pea
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sweet?
Customer: Temps are good moisture good
Answered by Jav917 in 17 mins 5 years ago
imglogo
Jav917
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

Customer
I do not have a Mobil phone can you email to me pleas

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years and have worked with Reptiles for 40+ years.

The D3 can aslo cause the shaking you are seeing in your Veiled. Too much D3 can cause a Neurological reaction. I always reacommend Plain calcium without D3 and phosphorus. Calcium when hit by UVB in the body turns into D3. So using D3+ Vitamins with D3 can create an Overdosage. If you use Plain calcium 5 days a week and 2 days with a Vitamin, you should be fine. If the Veiled is actually showing signs of MBD, then she will need to see a Herp Vet for blood work and then be put on a special calcium called Calcium Glubionte which is high potency.

Please hit reply to discuss this information.

Joan

Customer
How long till I should see a difference?
Customer
Is the phone call 28.00 more or 3.00

I do not deal with finances with Phone call that is done by the site. MBD is reverseable and it may take months to fully see recovery, but twitching should resolve within a week.

Joan

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Jav917
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Jav917
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.