Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

Do I have to pay for this service? Do I have to pay to get a…

Customer Question
Do I have to...

Do I have to pay for this service?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the reptile?

Do I have to pay to get a answer from the vet?

Veterinarian's Assistant: You end up paying for the answer if you are satisfied with it.

Thank you

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the reptile seem to hurt?

My bearded dragon has a lot wrong with it he is very skinny, to the point where his spine shows. One of his eyes Is very cloudy and seems to have a film over it and his other eye has a small bump on the bottom lashline

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dragon's name and age?

Todd and he's 6

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Todd?

Another thing is his stools have been having a bit of blood in it and also his genitals look blocked

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Reptile
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/5/2017
Reptile Expert: DrRoyC, Reptile Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
DrRoyC
DrRoyC, Reptile Veterinarian
DrRoyC responding to your questions and concerns regarding Todd.
Like you, I'm very concerned about your Beardie.
The film over the eye may be an eye cap from build up of retained sheds. Putting artificial tears in eyes 4 X's day & soaking in warm water for 10 minutes 2-3 times may help. Grinding up gut loaded crickets can be life saving.
ARAV.org has a reptile veterinarian locator on website.
Also call local veterinary clinics, to see who does Reptiles.
Some of my clients drive 1.5 hours.
DrRoyC
Reptile Expert: Joan, Veterinary Technician replied 9 months ago
Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician

Please do not rate this answer yet. Before I can assist you I need questions answered to find out about husbandry, Diet, lighting and some other information. Once I can get this information, I will do all I can to assist you and Todd. My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years and have worked with Reptiles over 40 years.

Can you tell me about tank set up?

Substrate/Bedding used?

UVB light, Linear tube or compact coil, strength, age of bulb and brand?

Full spectrum basking spotlight?

Diet Veggies/Prey?

Supplements?

Temps in Basking area, ambient temp and cool side?

Can you explain about Genital being blocked? Did they prolapse?

Is Todd eating?

Have you ever had a fecal done?

I will await replies and we can then see what we can o to assist Todd?

Joan
Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician