Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

He looks as if he is crying and is being very lethargic,

Customer Question

he looks as if he is crying and is being very lethargic
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the reptile. What is the reptile's name and age?
Customer: hurley he is a little over one year
JA: What is the reptile's name?
Customer: Hurley
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Hurley?
Customer: he has a large bump on his right side below his shoulder that i noticed the other day and hi sections have been quite irregular lately
Category: Reptile
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is hurley you can see the bulge on his right side and the way he is walking on his front arms is very different and he has been having discharge from his eyes since yesterday it looks as if he is crying. And the red on his hands is nail polish my sister put it on him while I was at work.

Please tell your sister that Hurley needs to not be exposed to any additional nail polish. This item is made for humans, not for reptiles and can be toxic to them. Allow this to wear off, but please avoid any additional polish being applied.

1) What is the ambient temp and hot spot temp in the habitat?

2) What substrate is being used?

3) When did he last eat?

4) What bulbs are being used for the habitat?

5) How long have you had him?

6) What does his diet consist of?

7) What vitamin supplementation are you using, if any, and how often is it provided?