Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

He doesn't open his eys, he doesn't open his eyes. when you

Customer Question

he doesn't open his eys
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the reptile?
Customer: he doesn't open his eyes. when you put food in front of him he doesn't eat it
JA: What is the reptile's name and age?
Customer: spike he is about 4 years old
JA: What is the reptile's name?
Customer: spike
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the reptile?
Customer: no
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 2 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with over 20 years of experience keeping reptiles. I'm sorry to hear that Spike is not well. Sone additional information will help me determine the best steps for you to take.What kind of reptile is he?Has he been passing normal droppings?What temperatures do you maintain under the basking light and on the cool side of the cage?What brand of UVB light do you have?How old is the bulb?Is there any discharge from his eyes ?Thank you .