Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

My Bearded Dragon is brummating and has been larthargic for

Customer Question

Hello, My Bearded Dragon is brummating and has been larthargic for about a month? He woke to feeding and was really hungry and then went into a really deep sleep for a week now. I'm worried that the food he's eaten (as he's not Pooped) will give him a nasty infection. Is it ok to wake him for a bath? I really don't want to disturb him but it may be necessary?
Thank you
Category: Reptile
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) What is the ambient temp and hot spot temp in the habitat?

2) What substrate is being used?

3) When did the suspect brumation begin?

4) What bulbs are being used for the habitat?

5) How long have you had him?

6) What does his diet consist of?

7) What vitamin supplementation are you using, if any, and how often is it provided?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Everything, is fine with lighting, heating, his diet, supplements etc...I'd just like to know if I can wake him up to bathe him and make him poop?? He's been seriously brumating now for three weeks, before his brumation, he ate Calci worms and black crickets..Thank you.