Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

When I woke up this morning and checked on my turtle

Customer Question

When I woke up this morning and checked on my turtle (yellow-bellied slider), she was not moving.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your turtle. What is the turtle's name and age?
Customer: She was just laying in her sandpit.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your turtle?
Customer: Here name is ***** ***** she's just over 7 years old
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 10 days ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with over 20 years of experience keeping reptiles. I'm sorry to hear that Gigi is having some difficulties. Some additional information will help me determine the best steps for you to take.When you pick her up, do her legs and head hang limply?What do you mean by her sandpit - is that in or out of her water?Pinch one of her toes. Does her leg move when you do that?Are her eyes open or closed? Are they sunken?Thank you.