PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 years experience in veterinary medicine, special interest in reptiles and arachnids.
8538164

TO TELL IF MY BEAREDE DRAGON DIED LAST NIGHT OR IS

Customer Question

i'M TRYING TO TELL IF MY BEAREDE DRAGON DIED LAST NIGHT OR IS Brumation
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dragon?
Customer: HE IS STIFF AND UN MOVING, COLD AND I CAN'T SEE IF HE IS BREATHING
JA: Where does the dragon seem to hurt?
Customer: HE DOESN'T
JA: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: HIS TAIL IS BLACK.
JA: What is the dragon's name and age?
Customer: YESTERDAY HE WAS FINE IN THE DAY BUT ABOUT 8:30PM HE JUST STOPED MOVING, I FORCE FED HIM SOME WATER BECAUSE I WAS WORRIED HE WAS DEHYDRATED BUT THIS MORNING HE LOOKS DEAD. HIS NAME IS***** A JUST OVER A YEAR OLD. HOW CAN I TELL IF HE IS STILL ALIVE
JA: Problems with drinking can be serious. I'm glad you noticed it. The Veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about BLAZE?
Customer: NO, WE PUT HIM IN A BOX OUTSIDE TO BURY BUT WHEN I GOT TO WORK I DECIDED TO DO SOME RESEARCH AND FOUND OUT ABOUT Brumation
Category: Reptile
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Brumation typically ends once winter is over. It would be very uncommon for a dragon to enter brumation during the spring. A few steps to take:

Touch the eyelid gently with your finger. Does the eye retract? Your companion pull away?
Flip your companion over onto his back. Does he move or right himself?

If not, your companion has most likely passed and burial proceedings can take place.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in. Were you able to confirm if your companion had passed?