Our Chameleon is lying in the bottom of his cage with his tongue hanging out and twitching. Do Chameleons have seizures?

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Our Chameleon is lying in the bottom of his cage with his tongue hanging out and twitching. Do Chameleons have seizures?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the Chameleon's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he is one years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Zues?
Customer: His tongue looks swollen and it looks like he's choking on it.
Answered by Anna in 16 mins 5 years ago
imglogo
Anna
30+ years of experience
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I'm sorry to hear Zues is having some problems. Chameleons can have seizures, but they are most often due to an underlying condition that can be treated. Some additional information will help me figure out the best steps for you to take.What kind of chameleon is he - veiled, Jackson's, Panther, etc.?What brand of UVB light do you have? How old is the bulb?What temperatures do you maintain under the basking light and on the cool side of the cage?What do you feed Zues? Any supplements?Thank you.
Hi, I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going? Anna
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Anna
logo
logo
logo
30+ years of experience
imglogo
Anna
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.