Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

I have a cornsnake and he got out of his cage and stuck

Customer Question

Hello! So I have a cornsnake and he got out of his cage and stuck between two boards, i woke up (3am for me) and managed to get him out, he has a lump that feels like a broken bone, he can still move but when i was assessing for damage and pressed on that spot, he bit me, so i think it hurts him alot, no vets near me take exotics, what can I do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the corn snake's name and age?
Customer: Age is unsure, they didnt know at the place i adopted him from. He is full size, and his name is Fester (from the adams family)
JA: How old is Fester?
Customer: Unknown
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Fester?
Customer: Hes moving okay, but you can tell something isnt right
Category: Reptile
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
near the area, it is bruised, and he is not moving as much as he normally would, i wish i could add pictures
Expert:  Anna replied 9 months ago.
Hello and welcome. I apologize that no one responded to you sooner. Different experts come online at different times. I just logged on and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I'm sorry to hear of Fester's misadventure.You should be able to send a picture. In the tool bar at the top of the space where you type, there should be a paper clip icon. Click on that, and instructions should pop up. If that doesn't work, you can also post one on a fee photo sharing site like www.photobucket.com, then come back here and give me the link.If the injured area is a bruise, it will heal on its own over time. A broken bone may be more of a problem because broken bones can press or cut organs. A broken bone will heal, but probably will be somewhat crooked, interfering with movement. It would be a good idea to have Fester checked out for broken bones or niter all injuries. Sometimes there are vets we don't know about. If you'll give me your zip code, I can check some directories for you.Regardless, of what you decide to do, Fester may be dehydrated, so it would be a good idea to give him a special soak. Prepare a shallow bath consisting of half Pedialyte and half water. Soak him for about 20 minutes. Be sure to supervise closely. That will be all you can do on your own.If you have more questions or want me to look for a vet, just let me know. I hope Fester will be fine.Anna