Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

She is a bearded dragon and i think she is very poorly she

Customer Question

She is a bearded dragon and i think she is very poorly she sleeps all the time,her mouth has blood in it now,she is not eating the kale like she would normally,im unsure weather she has drank,she is moving around but not by much,her tail has got 2very hard lines down it and her back legs look all thin and saggy skin
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dragon. What is the dragon's name and age?
Customer: Sahara and im unsure as buy her from a girl about 5/6 months ago which she told me sahara was 2years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sahara?
Customer: Not that im aware
Category: Reptile
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Anna replied 9 months ago.
Hello and welcome. I apologize that no one responded to you sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just logged on and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. You are right that Sahara is very ill. If you still need help, some additional information will help me determine the best steps for you to take.What temperatures do you maintain under the basking light and on the cool side of the enclosure?What do you feed her? Any supplements?What brand of UVB light do you have?What substrate do you use on the cage floor?Is she passing droppings?Do you still want a phone call?This information I asked for will be very important, but right now Sahara is very dehydrated, and we need to do something about that right away. Get some Pedialyte (yes, the kind for human infants). Prepare a bath consisting of 1/2 Pedialyte and 1/2 water at about 100*F. Make the water deep enough to cover the vent (where droppings pass out). Soak Sahara for 20-30 minutes. If she's too weak to hold up her head, be sure to hold it out of the water for her. Supervise the bath closely. Do this now, and a second time later tonight.Next make sure she is warm enough. The area under the basking light should be 105*F to 110*F. The coolest part of the cage should be 85*F to 90*F.Take care of the soak and check your temperatures as soon as possible. Let me know the infirmation I asked for, and we'll discuss some more then. Thank you.
Expert:  Anna replied 9 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Anna